To what products does this warranty against defects apply?
This warranty applies to Victory Curtains and Blinds Products and Motors only.
To whom do we give this warranty?
We give this warranty to you, the original purchaser, only if you purchased the goods specified above from us as new goods.
This warranty is in addition to other legal rights you have under the law:
The benefits to you given by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under law.
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
What we promise to do (and how we honour this warranty):
We will either repair our goods, or replace our goods with new goods, at our option, if:
- the goods have a defect in the materials or workmanship, or the goods fail to operate as intended; and
- you make a claim under this warranty as provided below, within the time periods set out below.
What this warranty does not cover:
For the purposes of this warranty, “defect” does not include (and we will not replace or repair products suffering from) damage caused by:
- normal wear and tear;
- abuse, misuse, or accident;
- exposure to the elements (e.g. sun damage), or discolouration over time; installations subject to salt spray or marine influences, severe industrial or corrosive environments;
- exposure to high humidity (resulting in mould & mildew or ‘warping’) – e.g. kitchens, bathrooms and natural variations in grain, colour and texture for timber venetian blinds and other timber products;
- failure to follow instructions with respect to cleaning and/or maintenance;
- extreme weather events or other acts of God; [Awnings: Do not leave awning out in fresh winds as defined by the Beaufort Wind Scale and/or rain, as it may damage your awning];
- products exceeding our recommended dimensions;
- non-compliance with our Characteristics Hints and Tips Sheet or Product Information Sheet;
- normal shrinkage, fungal or algae growth due to a build up of dirt, grime, leaves or bird matter, damage due to scrubbing or the use of a non-prescribed cleaning agent and contact with lead, copper or water runoff from same;
- damage caused by rolling up blinds and awnings when wet;
- rail-roaded or oversized blinds, which may not hang flat, may pucker along the bottom rail or a “V’ formation’ may occur, and a horizontal join may also be visible at the top section of the blind; or
- modifications made by any person other than a representative of Victory Curtains and Blinds or caused by use or installation that is not in compliance with the installation instructions provided with the product, or otherwise provided by Victory Curtains and Blinds.
This warranty does not cover:
- claims on products that were not paid for as per tax invoice;
- costs of any hired equipment for installations over 2 metres eg lifts, scaffolding, extension ladders, etc.;
- costs of transporting product back to/from our premises (if required);
- the costs of removal of the warranted goods or installation of the repaired or replaced goods. However, we will meet those costs if the goods breach any of the guarantees applicable under the Australian Consumer Law referred to above and nothing in this document restricts, excludes or modifies those guarantees or any other rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
The period in which this warranty applies:
This warranty applies to defects which appear and which you notify us (following the procedure below) of within five (5) years from the date of installation of the goods except for:
- Gravity Roller Blind Collection, which has a warranty period of three (3) years from the date of installation;
- Chic Collection, which has a warranty period of three (3) years from the date of installation;
- L10 Roller Shutter Motor, which has a warranty period of two (2) years from the date of installation; and
- Cords, chains, cord locks, tilters and zips have a warranty period of one (1) year from the date of installation.
[Batteries are not covered under this warranty.]
Procedure to make a claim under this warranty:
If a defect appears in the goods within the period specified above, to make a claim under this warranty you must, before the warranty period (see above) expires, and at your cost:
- Register your warranty using our online form. Claims cannot be processed before registration. [Registration is not required for Consumer Guarantee Claims];
- Provide proof of your purchase of the product and details of the date and place of purchase;
- Telephone us on 13 13 99 to inquire whether we can offer on-site service in your area. If not available, you are to make arrangements to deliver the product to our nearest showroom;
- To notify us of your claim telephone us on 13 13 99 for direct connection to your nearest branch; or submit details of your claim to the address above.
- Contact our Service Team using the service form and complete all fields.
- provide us with all other information we reasonably request about the circumstances in which you consider the defect was caused (including sending us the goods you allege are defective if requested to do so).
We will then arrange for the goods to be inspected and determine whether they are defective and if, acting reasonably, we agree they are defective we will (at our option) either repair the goods, or replace the goods with new goods. A call out fee will be charged for inspection, however any call out fee that we charge you will be refunded if we determine that the goods are defective.
QBCC Licence number 1178794
BLD Licence number 251955
©Copyright 2022 Hunter Douglas Limited [ABN 98 009 675 709]
®Victory Curtains and Blinds is a registered Trade Mark of Hunter Douglas Limited
SC:DC:N3028 Version: 1 July 2022