What we’ll do for you under our ‘Peace of Mind’ Parts Warranty
At Victory, our Peace of Mind Parts Warranty is here to give you Peace of Mind, when it comes to your window furnishings.
To whom do we give this warranty?
We give this warranty to you, the original purchaser, only if you purchased the goods specified above from Victory Curtains and Blinds.
This warranty is in addition to other legal rights you have under the law
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
What we promise to do (and how we honour this warranty)
We will either repair our goods, or replace our goods with new goods, at our option, if:
- the goods have a defect in the materials or workmanship, or the goods fail to operate as intended; and
- you make a claim under this warranty as provided below, within the time periods set out below.
What is not covered under our warranty
For the purposes of this warranty, “defect” does not include (and we will not replace or repair products suffering from) damage caused by:
- normal wear and tear;
- abuse, misuse, or accident;
- exposure to the elements (e.g. sun damage), or discolouration over time; installations subject to salt spray or marine influences, severe industrial or corrosive environments;
- exposure to high humidity (resulting in mould & mildew or ‘warping’)
– e.g. kitchens, bathrooms and natural variations in grain, colour and texture for timber venetian blinds and other timber products;
- Failure to follow instructions with respect to cleaning and/or maintenance;
- extreme weather events or other acts of God; [Awnings: Do not leave awning out in fresh winds as defined by the Beaufort Wind Scale and/or rain*, as it may damage your awning] or
- modifications made by any person other than a representative of Victory Curtains and Blinds or caused by use or installation that is not in compliance with the installation instructions provided with the product, or otherwise provided by Victory Curtains and Blinds.
This warranty does not cover the costs of removal of the warranted goods or installation of the repaired or replaced goods. However, we will meet those costs if the goods breach any of the guarantees applicable under the Australian Consumer Law referred to above and nothing in this document restricts, excludes or modifies those guarantees or any other rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
Batteries are not covered under this warranty.
How to make a claim
- Important: You must register your warranty using our online form. Claims can’t be processed before registration (Registration not required for Consumer Guarantees Claims)
- Check that the problem has appeared within five years of purchase
- Have your proof of purchase ready in case it’s needed
- Call us on 13 13 99 to see if we can offer on-site service in your area. If not, make arrangements to deliver the product to our nearest showroom.
- Notify us of your claim:
- Call on 13 13 99 for direct connection to your nearest branch or
- Write to Victory Curtains and Blinds, Service Department, 245 Browns Road, Noble Park VIC 3174, or
- Contact our service team using the service form and fill in all fields.