Victory Peace of Mind Parts Warranty
What we'll do for you under our 'Peace of Mind' Parts Warranty
How long do Blinds last and how offer should I replace my blinds? The most common questions asked when purchasing window furnishings. At Victory, our Peace of Mind Parts Warranty is here to give you exactly that, Peace of Mind, when it comes to your window furnishings.
If you're the original purchaser of a window covering and a significant structural or cosmetic defect appears in your Victory product within five years of purchase, we'll replace the defective part at our cost:
- Including labour charges in the first year
- After the first year, you can choose to pay a labour charge, and we'll come to you, or deliver the goods to your nearest branch for repair with no labour charge. But exceptions and conditions apply, and we'll explain them below.
How to make a claim:
- Important: You must register your warranty using our online form below. Claims can't be processed before registration (Registration not required for Consumer Guarantees Claims)
- Check that the problem has appeared within five years of purchase
- Have your proof of purchase ready in case it's needed
- Call us on 13 13 99 to see if we can offer on-site service in your area. If not, make arrangements to deliver the product to our nearest showroom.
- Notify us of your claim:
- Call on 13 13 99 for direct connection to your nearest branch or
- Write to Victory Curtains and Blinds, Service Department, 245 Browns Road, Noble Park VIC 3174, or
- Fax 03 8793 5799, or
- Email email@example.com including a reasonable description of the problem.
We will assess and process your claim.
If any costs are payable by you, processing may not proceed until they have been paid.
Head Office Victory Curtains and Blinds 245 Browns Road Noble Park VIC 3174
Phone: 03 8793 5700 Fax: 03 8793 5799
What's not covered:
- Natural fading & discolouration over the passage of time as a result of exposure to the elements such as sun damage. Regular rotation of blinds and the installation of external awnings will assist in the prevention of fading.
- Claims by anyone but the original purchaser of the product
- Claims on products that were not paid for as per invoice
- Wear and tear consistent with the age, type and use of the product
- Products that have not been installed by a Victory qualified technician, or have been removed and re-installed
- Products exceeding our recommended dimensions
- Costs of any hired equipment for installations over 2 metres are not covered by warranty e.g. lifts, scaffolding, extension ladders etc
- Costs of transporting product back to/from our premises (if required)
- Damage from misuse, neglect, accident, unintended use, fire, explosions, implosion and or any act of nature
- Damage from non-compliance with our characteristics Hints & Tips sheet or Product Information Sheet
- Damage from salt spray or marine influences, severe industrial or corrosive environments
- Normal shrinkage, fungal or algae growth due to a build-up of dirt, grime, leaves or bird matter, damage due to scrubbing or the use of a non-prescribed cleaning agent and contact with lead, copper or water runoff from same
- Damage caused by rolling up blinds and awnings when wet
- Rail-roaded or oversized blinds, as in normal circumstances they may not hang flat, may pucker along the bottom rail or a 'V formation' may occur, and a horizontal join may also be visible at the top section of the blind
But remember, these exclusions don't apply to any Consumer Guarantees Claim you may be entitled to make, and if a component manufacturer offers its own warranty, you may have additional rights under that.
Wear and Tear Items:
Some components including cords, chains, cord locks, tilters and zips suffer wear and tear in the normal course of operation or through excessive use. Such items carry a one year warranty only.
All motors offered by Victory Curtains & Blinds carry a 5-year manufacturer warranty with the exception of Alpha Motors (7-year warranty) and Roller Shutter L10 motors used on shutters under 800mm width (2-year warranty). Victory Blinds will pass on the manufacturers specific warranty related to the relevant motor supplied for each product. The cost of electrical works to disconnect and reconnect motorised products that require servicing or replacement under warranty is the responsibility of the customer.
Ricky Richards Fabrics:
Ricky Richards Fabrics including the Acrylic Docril Collection, Outlook Mode Mesh fabric and Barrington Canvas carry a 10-year warranty against dimensional stability failure or abnormal excessive fading from exposure to conditions including sunlight and normal atmospheric conditions. This warranty does not cover gradual fading, discolourisation from atmospheric pollution or other debris. This warranty covers the fabric only and does not cover labour or other consequential or incidental expenses.